What is this new church like?
1) The Priorities of Christ the King Presbyterian Church:
- Preaching and Teaching for changed lives – through the faithful proclamation of the Gospel and the relevant instruction of God’s truth for our lives according to the Calvinistic Reformed Faith.
- Wholehearted, God-honoring, Biblical Worship – of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit with true affection and joy, sincerity of heart,readiness of mind…all according to the Word of God.
- Growing in Christ – promoting spiritual growth and providing pastoral care for all ages through the church-planting pastor and the (eventual) ministry of the elders and deacons with Bible studies for men, women, couples and youth.
- Serving the Lord – training, mobilizing and encouraging every member to use their gifts, talents and passions to serve the Lord and His church.
- Impacting our world – through prayer, encouragement, giving, and serving, both at home and abroad.
2) Worship Services
This new OPC church plant offers morning and evening worship services on the Lord’s Day. The descriptive theme of our worship is “joyfully reverent” as we use a variety of Psalms, hymns and spiritual songs from a various sources including the New Trinity Hymnal and solid, recent hymn writers like Stuart Townend and the Gettys. Accompaniment of the singing aims to foster strong congregational worship, using a piano, keyboard and occasional stringed or other instruments as is fitting for the particular piece of music, with some verses sung a capella when appropriate. We also include a “Call to Repentance“, a prayer of confession, an “Assurance of Pardon” and a Confession of Faith in our worship services using passages of Scripture and portions of the Westminster Shorter or Larger Catechism and other Reformed creeds. The goal of each worship service is that when visitors comes they would sense the presence of God as the whole congregation makes His praise glorious!
3) Church “atmosphere”
Our vision is to plant a church built on the Word of God and the sweet doctrines of God’s marvelous grace as summarized the Westminster Confession of Faith, also using other Reformed creeds and confessions in the worship services. The goal of all our preaching, teaching, fellowship, worship, Bible studies, outreach and prayer ministry is that the God of hope would fill us with joy and peace in believing, so that as a body of believers we would overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)
4) Answering your questions…
Who is the pastor? Pastor Eric Hausler has recently returned to the Naples area after 15 years away. He has been a church planter and organizing pastor in West Michigan since 1998 (Visit www.redeemer-opc.org to see more) and has now been called by the Presbytery of the South of the OPC to plant a church in Naples. Eric and his wife, Donna, moved back to Florida in early July and are excited about this new stage in life! They have four sons: Micah (26), Timothy (24), Joey (22), and Daniel (21).
What is OPC… The Orthodox Presbyterian Church (O.P.C.) is an evangelical denomination which honors the Bible as the inspired and inerrant Word of God and our absolute authority. The Westminster Confession of Faith is held as the detailed doctrinal standard of the church, subordinate to the Bible. We join other Reformed churches in greatly appreciating the Heidelberg Catechism, the Belgic Confession, and the Canons of Dordt. The Orthodox Presbyterian Church was formed in 1936 to carry the banner of Biblical Christianity and historic Presbyterianism. You can find out more about the O.P.C. at www.opc.org.
Where is this new church located? We are now meeting at the corner of Radio Rd. and Airport Rd. in the commercial plaza where you will also find Jet’s Pizza and the Rain Forest Cafe. We are in the corner unit, Suite 107.
Why is this new church forming in Naples? Because the south and east part of Naples is a rapidly growing area and there is much work to be done to proclaim the Gospel of Grace!
How can I get involved or make a contribution? You may send financial gifts to make this new mission work possible. Checks may be made out to: Christ the King Presbyterian Church, and mailed to: Christ the King Presbyterian Church, 3400 Radio Rd. – Suite 107, Naples, FL 34104.
And… you can get involved by spreading the news and begin praying now for the Lord’s blessing.
E-Mail Pastor Hausler. Come join us and see what great things the Lord has in store for us!